Thank you Rizky for your insights into QR codes. Never knew one square of squares could have that much flexibility Thanks to Jumeirah to allow us into their Headquarters Boardroom with lovely sights of the greenery and excellent finger-food and beverages!
Rizky did more than just cover QR-Codes he showed what it can do:
Read all about that on sites like Wikipedia. The true nature was understanding it’s structure and how and where we could apply the QR-code. Rizky Covered:
- Decoding: image -> decode -> parse -> text
- Encode: text -> parse -> encode -> image
- Android development
- Android SDK
- Eclipse -> SDK extensions
- Think about explicit uses-permission (camera, read contacts, write external storage).
- Development experience is a bit more complex than VS
- Tomb Stoning (you may not be around to do much when a call comes in)
- Intent (what does the user want to do with the app/plug in)
- Activity (when I do get processor time what should I do)
I have had a blast, it was on a Saturday! I hope you had the same take-away I have had! if not feel free to comment!